Friday 8 June 2012

Where's Summer Gone Again?

 Through my rose tinted spectacles, I can remember a time when summer meant long sunny days spent trying to photograph butterflies and dragonflies (I mean doing some work on the outside of my house). The weather at present is far from perfect for insects and although the weather improved slightly last year, the generally poor summer weather in Britain over the last four years has had a dramatic effect on the local butterfly and dragonfly populations. I hope to have a walk along the Ashby Canal at the weekend if the weather improves sufficiently to try and gauge how the White-legged Damselfly is doing there.

White-legged Damselfly, Ashby Canal, July 2007
I noticed that John Hague had had a good session the other day on the Grantham Canal recording Variable Damselflies and Hairy Dragonflies Click Here.

Variable Damselfly, Grantham Canal, May 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment